Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Eyes Have It by Rena Mason



Four Stars
"Leave my eyes alone!"

This is the second short story I've read from the "Horror for Good" anthology. The main character is a young, female sales supervisor. Despite having a wife and children, Ray Briar, the company's head of accounting, still likes to flirt with her, and vice-versa. As a means of not giving too much away, I am going to be vague in the rest of my review. It's present day when the story opens, and the reader is provided with back story and flashbacks leading up to this point in time. Once the reader is caught up, the story progresses to its ultimate climax. After reading through the first half of it, I thought to myself - this story is too straight-forward and predictable. I was curious if the author would ever throw me a curve ball. Well, Rena definitely did. In fact, the story turns bizarre (in a good way) and the ending has a nice touch to it as well. If you want to find out what happens, you'll  have to read it yourself. This is Rena's first published story, but you wouldn't know it by the quality of her work. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

http://www.amazon.com/Horror-For-Good-Charitable-ebook/dp/B0084FO7N4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1339189857&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment